After a whole week battling against my own code, here is the v0.5 of Grand Rogue Auto.
This new version introduces the new buildings with floors and stairs. As a result, several buildings have been remade to take advantage of this. You will find office towers, mansions and houses with a few stairs, new gang, police and fire stations. More will be added in next releases. Of course, NPC are able to navigate around those buildings (that's mainly why this release was delayed).
For modders a new building editor has been introduced. Note that not all options are working yet (specific lock security and loot value are not yet in place in the code), but it's functional. Most of the options that were added to the Zone Editor in the 0.45 release moved there. Also, notice that the Faction HQ in the Faction Editor points to a building instead of a zone from now on.
Speaking of factions I made some modifications to them too. The police faction will invade sectors taken over by gangs instead of moving randomly. Gangs recruit members a bit faster too.
This version also fixes numerous low level bugs and error that are detailed in the changelog (you can drop and un-equip armors, M/F names are correctly applied and so on).
The main thing about the features I introduced here is that it allows me to morph a building into another without hassle. In other words, it will be possible for factions in future releases to change the look of buildings they invade with little additional code. I have yet to introduces the fast-travel / subway system, nothing prevents me to put that in place anymore, but I don't think you'd want to wait another week just for this feature.
- [MapGen] Buildings can have several floors
- [MapGen] buildings in the center of a map are a bit larger
- [Modding] Building Editor added
- [Modding] Most of the Zone Editor options moved to the Building Editor
- [Modding] Faction Editor -> the faction HQ is a building instead of a zone
- [AI] NPC are using stairs to move across the new buildings
- [GUI] Ability to remove a piece of armor (right-click the armor in the inventory's left side)
- [Factions] Police and firefighters HQ won't spawn in the outer city
- [Factions] Factions are recruiting new members quicker
- [Factions] The police faction try to "liberate" sectors taken over by other factions
- [World] Modified several buildings to take advantage of the new system
- [Engine] Ability to morph a building into another easily
- [Engine] aLife Spy window -> "Teleport to" button added
- [Engine] The game should be a bit faster to load
- Fixed : Several low level errors in the code
- Fixed : Issues causing crashes with non 64x64 maps
- Fixed : multiple minor errors in the BuildOrder AI code
- Fixed : various private property issues
- Fixed : Inverted Male/Female names when creating a new player
- Fixed : Dropping an armor was not removing it
- Fixed : Sectors spawning without a road (rare)